C++ OpenReGKey...

Started by
3 comments, last by sathenzar 19 years, 4 months ago
Hey, I want to be able to add my program into my registry. I can't remember how I did this it was somthing like OpenRegKey or somthing. Could someone please help me out and tell me what the function is to add a key into the registry? Thanks.
Advertisement
1. This question has nothing to do with C++
2. You cannot put "a program" in the registry
3. Goto msdn.microsoft.com and search for RegOpenKey.
-Mike
1. Yes it does have to do with C++, as that's the language I'm programming it in, 2. I ment put it's path in the registry in the "RunOnce" folder. 3, already did it sadi no results found.
Don't know if this is what you are looking for but try looking up RegistryDataExchange.

You may also want RegOpenKeyEx, that is probally what you are looking for, look it up in MSDN. Or just look under

MSDN Home > MSDN Library > Win32 and COM Development > System Services > Windows System Information > Windows System Information > Registry > Registry Reference > Registry Functions

Hope that helps.
I know but it confuses me to no end. Can someone please write me a small example code (deosn't have to be great) to help me out? I'm stuck. I want to use RegCreateValueEx and RegSetValuesEx to put a reg string into the registry into the folder RunOnce, then have the setvalue function set the string value to text.txt if possible, thanks in advance.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement