x file textures and materials

Started by
0 comments, last by jollyjeffers 19 years, 4 months ago
I'm using vb.net and I can't seem to get the right code for new texture and new material, here it goes, if someone could understand. XMesh = Mesh.FromFile(Application.StartupPath & "\tiger.x", MeshFlags.SystemMemory, _ DxDevice, Materials) MeshTextures = New Texture(Materials.Length) MeshMaterials = New Material(Materials.Length) For i = 0 To Materials.Length - 1 MeshMaterials(i) = Materials(i).Material3D '// Set the ambient color for the material. Direct3D '// does not do this by default. MeshMaterials(i).Ambient = MeshMaterials(i).Diffuse '// Create the texture. MeshTextures(i) = TextureLoader.FromFile(DxDevice, _ Materials(i).TextureFilename) i = i + 1 Next the problem is on the MeshTextures = New Texture(Materials.Length) MeshMaterials = New Material(Materials.Length) part of the code, I don't know if this is right because I'm trying to convert the code from c++ to visual basic, the error that is showing is that "cannot convert to 1 dimensional array" Thanks
Marco Tapia
Advertisement
Quote:"cannot convert to 1 dimensional array"
Whats the declaration for MeshTextures and MeshMaterials? Been a long time I wrote any VB, but it should be something like:

Dim MeshTextures() as TextureDim MeshMaterials() as Material

The error probably refers to the way that you're assigning a 1-dimensional array ("new Textures(...)") to a non-1-dimensional variable.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement