Check the new BREW game

Started by
6 comments, last by greenrul 19 years, 4 months ago
Hi! Check out our first BREW project - Hive of Evil: Alien Strike http://www.cyberdream.ru/hoe.html - some screenshots and a nice video. I hope to see here some comments about this game. Thanks.
[greenrul] [icq:2463277] [www.CyberDream.ru]
Advertisement
Looks cool! Great work!

What do you mean by "3D view objects" and "Dynamic shadows"? Didn't find any screenshots of this "3D view objects" and the shadows looked pretty static too me, did you mean the player's & enemies' shadows?

Also, how hard is it to code in Brew, how did you get started? I know there's probably alot of this on the web(yeah, I could google it). I'm a pretty capable C/C++ programmer and usually works as a j2me programmer, just curious if it would take long to learn Brew.

/MindWIpe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
Nope, it's not hard at all. Basically it's just C/C++ except with a different API for file access, i/o etc.
Screenies look nice, is it a submission for the contest?
Looks awesome.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Quote:Original post by MindWipe
What do you mean by "3D view objects" and "Dynamic shadows"? Didn't find any screenshots of this "3D view objects" and the shadows looked pretty static too me, did you mean the player's & enemies' shadows?

The "3D view objects" is a now disabled, due to speed problems on some handsets. You may see it in video - there is a recorded demo of old version with this feature. I will now remove this feature from our site. It was done by drawing a multi-layered parallaxed images. Looks great and creates a nice looking "fake-prespective".

Quote:Also, how hard is it to code in Brew, how did you get started? I know there's probably alot of this on the web(yeah, I could google it). I'm a pretty capable C/C++ programmer and usually works as a j2me programmer, just curious if it would take long to learn Brew.

It was a first big project for our team, and we was developing it for a 10 months - but not in fulltime, just a few hours per day.

Quote:Screenies look nice, is it a submission for the contest?

No, because it's not an OpenGL ES game, just a native BREW API and a special graphics library from our partners. By the way, if you are interested in this library - ask me personally in icq and i will give you a contact of guys that created it.
Hi, greenrul.
this lad also refers to your project?
http://www.livejournal.com/users/deler/4244.html#cutid1
or this fun-club?

Cool ads-art!

Yes! This is a promo-art of our great pixelartist :)

Thanks =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement