Lands of Lore3

Started by
1 comment, last by Oldfella 19 years, 4 months ago
Gidday, Hope you are all well. Please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum,though it dose have partially something to do with Game Programming. My Daughter has 1,2&3 of the Lands of Lore Series that Westwood Studios put out a few years ago, She loved LOL3 and was dissapointed when Westwood announced that they would not continue with the series. I have my own small Engine, and would like to strip out some of the Graphics/Sprites and level Geometry that is housed in the .wsx files, and use this to make here a Lookalike/Continuation Game for my Daughter to play. On and off, over the last 2 years I have searched the net for tool/s to allow me to extract the files from Westwoods .wsx format. I only found one, and it only allowed me to extract the Movies/Cutscenes and SoundTracks only. I tried to Email Westwood, but only got Computer generated Replies. If any one has, or knows of a tool that can extract LOL3 files could you let me know :) Once Extracted,I'll have no problem converting the level data to my Engine's format. Thanks TakeCare.
Advertisement
You didn't get any hints from the format of the movies and soundtracks? I think you have to expect being forced to reverse engineer the file format, but I assume you've already inspected the files looking for tags/metadata? The final option is to check who the programmers were and send them a mail directly, but I'm not sure if they want, or even are allowed, to help someone with something like this.
Hi Erik,
Thanks for your reply.
I did'nt access the files myself. I used a program that I downloaded from a site over a year ago, that at its time of development could only extract the SoundTracks and Video's, but no ArtWork ect.
I tried Emailing the owner, but no reply.
These days the site dos'nt exist any more :(

I expected to have no luck with this Idea, but thought I would ask ,just incase someone else had attempted this, and had luck.

There are a lot of Game file Extraction utilities available, covering most of the popular game formats.
I guess I'm unlucky enought to pick on a not so popular Game :)

TakeCare.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement