Rushing Bender Beta

Started by
8 comments, last by mede 19 years, 3 months ago
------------------------------------ - RUSHING BENDER BETATEST IS ALIVE - ------------------------------------ drink a beer and take a look at our first opengl game. this is only a beta but it should work more or less, but we need your opinion, bugreport and system informations to make it better ... so thanks for sending the report form screens/executables/report form www.aacm.ch/rb/ --------- new beta 03 ---------- online serverlist online heighscore multiplayer up to 8 players new sounds fixed bugs ------------------------------------ - RUSHING BENDER BETATEST IS ALIVE - ------------------------------------ [Edited by - mede on December 2, 2004 5:12:06 AM]
Advertisement
OK I left a message in the bug report form but here's a screenshot as well:

The textures seem to become more skewed the nearer to the camera thery are. All my drivers are up to date and I haven't had this problem wih other games.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Scratch that, the form didnt send. Your website gave me this error:
Quote:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/www.aacm.ch/rb/report.php on line 35
the rug - funpowered.com
Hello

The Rug: do you have a ATI card?

We have som problems with ATI cards and MipMaping, perhaps they don't like gluBuild2DMipmaps().

Unfortunately we have no ATI cards to test our game.
Yeah its a ATI Radeon 9700.

Another shot:

It seems as if the textures aren't being perspective corrected.

PS. I get a pretty much constant 60 frames per second in game.
the rug - funpowered.com
The game is great, and works pretty smooth. I have a radeon 9000 on my PC there were no problems with it as above
I think we've found the bug with the texturemapping. If we disable pointsprits on ATI cards all looks like expected at least on Linux. Don't know about windows.

Change the value of USEARB in app.cfg to 0 and it should work.
Time to code a fallback method for the particle engine :)

About the framrate:
Don't know about the performance of a Radeon 9700. But 60fps looks rather slow, on a gForce4 MX we get around 90fps without shadows. I think it's either a sync to vblank of the openGL driver or the FPSLIMIT is not set to 0 in app.cfg.
That fixed the textures, but the FPS_LIMIT has been set to 0 all along. Must be a driver thing.

Cool game by the way :o)
the rug - funpowered.com
!!!! new beta version available !!!!
!!! beta 04 available !!!
1.0 final release available
visit http://www.aacm.ch/rb

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement