MS Powerpoint

Started by
6 comments, last by kSquared 19 years, 4 months ago
Anyone know of a good Powerpoint reference online? I dont want a tutorial, Ive seen plenty of those and still havnt found what I'm looking for - I just need a reference. In the meantime, does anyone know how to put math symbols into a powerpoint slide? For example, I want to have: k^(9/4) (9/4 being superscript) but if you go to insert->symbol, thats not an option (not surprisingly). They have 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 and a few others, but not 9/4. How do you do arbitrary math stuff like 9/4 ? Thanks.
Advertisement
hmmm what about insert => object => Microsoft Equation ?
that should open an equation editor where you can do your maths stuff ;)
CharlieGame DesignerRarebytehttp://www.rarebyte.com
I don't think that it's possible, short of using the Equation Editor.

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

Hightlight the 9/4 then:
Format->Font->[tick] Superscript

boom!

[Edit: That can't be the answer? it seems too easy. Maybe I mis understood your question.]
Quote:Original post by MotionCoil
Hightlight the 9/4 then:
Format->Font->[tick] Superscript

boom!

[Edit: That can't be the answer? it seems too easy. Maybe I mis understood your question.]

Nope I really am that dumb ;)

Actually, that doesnt look quite the same font or whatever as when I do insert->symbol, but it works and I'm happah! Funny thing is that I already knew about the Format->Font->[tick] Superscript from writing reports in word.

Im going to go play with the equation editor too in a sec.
Thanks all!

Edit: I tried to use the equation editor as per Charlie's advice, but it wasnt listed in the objects list. Maybe I didnt install that from the cd...

Anyway, I should be good to go now!
My link has instructions for getting it installed.

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

If you have to make a lot of presentations or documents with lots of formulae, you might find LaTeX interesting. It's a beast of a typesetting language for scientific documents and the results are very professional but the learning curve might be a bit steep.
It's also perfectly possible to make good looking, professional slides with LaTeX.
I've seen just too much cheap, 'colorful' PP presentations that emphasize more on the looks than on the contents so each presentation I give now is just a pdf written in LaTeX: works best for me.
If LaTeX and its voluminous list of formatting codes and arcane symbology isn't for you, you may also be interested in MathType, the full-featured version of Equation Editor. One of the xport options is "convert to TeX/LaTeX". You can also conver tto gif, png, jpeg, bmp, and a bajillion other formats if you like.
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement