Sign in to follow this  

Special 2D Program for Cloth

This topic is 4766 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am making a Software to dress people from 2D Images. I take the 2D image with gray values, like shadows, and I put a Color Texture in a 2D grid. The best result is when I use Modulate, but If the Color Texture is black, The result is Black. What is the best combinations, to merge two Textures, lights-Shadows + Texture Color. Thank you,

What result would you want to have if the texture is black?

Possibly your problem could be solved by not using pure black (RGB = 000). Using pure black doesn't give you the effect you intuitively expect, but pure black doesn't really exist in reality. Pure black would reflect absolutely no light , and thus you wouldn't really see anything. Of course things are complicated by adding specular highlights, reflection, radiosity etc, but none of that applies to your simple case.

So stop using pure black, use a really dark gray. Experiment with them and I'm sure you'll find a colour that still looks black and will work when you modulate it with your highlight/shadow thingy.

Alternately you could dim your highlight/shadow texture a lot and then add them. But at any rate, you can't add anything to pure white, or subtract anything from pure black.

Thanks,
I have test with all colors, and of course, with a dark grey the problem is not so hight.

I send the question, to know if there are any special combination in textureOperation to get :

Grey Texture(0) + Pure Black(1) = Dark Texture(0).
The same Grey Texture(0) + Pure White(1) = Light Texture(0).

When I use a Dark Texture(1 to modulate with Grey Texture(0), the result is not so good.

Best regards,
Pedro Romero

This topic is 4766 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.