Silly/fun/cool Lisp code snippets!!

Started by
445 comments, last by Tron3k 19 years, 3 months ago
Lisp is such a crazy language and it's so concise that you can do fun stuff in only a few lines. Post some Lisp!!

;; Wouldn't it be cool if GameDev had a Lisp interpreter?
(defun in-soviet-russia (noun verb)
    (concatenate 'string "In Soviet Russia, " noun "s " verb "YOU!"))

;; Calculate any factorial (even 43044!) AT COMPILE TIME!!
(defmacro fac (n)
    (do ((i 1 (1+ i))
         (x 1))
        ((> i n) x)
        (setf x (* x i))))

;; So then you just need to do...
(proclaim '(optimize speed))
(defun my-huge-number () (fac 43044))
(compile 'my-huge-number)

Ok guys, go crazy...
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Advertisement
I'm not quite thure I underthand what you're on about thur.
It'th not nithe to make fun of people with thpeetth impedimenth!

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves
It'th not nithe to make fun of people with speeth impedimenth!
I believe that joke dates back to ancient Egyptian times. [wink]
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
*ahem*

thpeetth.
Quote:Original post by C-Junkie
*ahem*

thpeetth.

It'th late [sad]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

(let ((a car))(setq car cdr cdr a))
Possible Lisp Workflow...
  • Know your domain

• Write a program using an optimal but not yet in existence mini-language that works effectively in your domain

• Use Lisp defmacros to massage your mini-language into actual Lisp statements
(defun gheyify (str)    (let ((result ""))         (dotimes (i (length str) result)              (setf result (concatenate 'string                                        result                                        "<font color=\""                                        (if (= 0 (mod i 2)) "red" "green")                                        "\">"                                        (string (char str i))                                         "</font>")))))

that's pretty gay, don't you think?
What happened to the n? edit: huh. nm fixed.
Quote:Original post by C-Junkie
What happened to the n? edit: huh. nm fixed.
Sorry, I copy and pasted wrong.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement