Sign in to follow this  

Grr... default buffer state for an input stream?

This topic is 4760 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Yeah, tons of questions tonight; don't blame - blame the fact that I have to fill in for Santa Claus yesterday because his water main exploded resulting in a gruesome scene with reindeer guts strewn everywhere. Anyway! I've been reading (suprise, suprise) and different sources say different things about the default buffer state of an input stream - I don't even know if that's the correct type. Well, let me explain it simply: I don't want
 std::cout << "Stupidity";
To flush the buffer until I give it the std::endl; command. Accelerated C++ says this is the default state, however, other sources (websites) disagree. I'm guessing it varies by compiler. I'm using MSVC++6 Is it set by default? If not, how do I change it? Actually, I really only need the answer to the first question, because I can just look up the other one as soon as I know if I need to. ...I need more books.

This topic is 4760 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.