.net express editions

Started by
1 comment, last by kSquared 19 years, 4 months ago
just wondering do any of you use them or hve used them? are they full products etc. I have used the sql server version and that was pretty feature rich. I am currently downloading the c++ version to see if it will work with the new hl2 sdk because that needs vs.net
Advertisement
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/
Quote:Original post by Themonkster
just wondering do any of you use them or hve used them?

are they full products etc.

They're pretty much anything the casual professional programmer could want. A few features are missing, including source control, the Class Designer wizard, remote debugging, and ClickOnce deployment. This MSDN blog entry covers more of the differences.

I use VC# and am quite happy with it. The Intellisense is vastly improved over VS7, there's generics and inference delegates (OMG yes!!!) in the framework, and a whole slew of other awesome stuff. I'll be upgrading to VS 2005 when it (finally) comes out, though, but only because our school gets it for free.
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement