What am i doing wrong?

Started by
6 comments, last by cockney 19 years, 4 months ago
k I need to apply a texture to an object created from reading points from file (data file is a text containing xyz coordinates). Whatever i do seems not to work, the closest thing to what I'm afetr is , using the GL_POLYGON function. With that function the whole object appears in the texture's color but the texture itself!!! anyway here is the code can some tell me what am I doing wrong?

public override void glDraw() 
{									GL.glClear(GL.GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | L.GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);
GL.glLoadIdentity ();
GL.glEnable(GL.GL_BLEND);
GL.glBindTexture(GL.GL_TEXTURE_2D, Textures[0]);
GL.glCallList(Textures_dispList[0]);
GL.glMatrixMode(GL.GL_MODELVIEW);
GL.glTranslatef(cx, cy, cz);
GL.glRotatef(xrot, 1, 0, 0);
GL.glRotatef(yrot, 0, 1, 0);
GL.glRotatef(zrot, 0, 0, 1);
xrot += xspeed;
yrot += yspeed;
zrot += zspeed;
float tx, ty, tz;
Vertex q;
GL.glPolygonMode(GL.GL_FRONT, GL.GL_FILL);

GL.glBegin(GL.GL_POLYGON);
for(int i = 0; i < morph1.verts; i++) 
{ if(morph)
{q = Calculate(i);}
else{	q.x = q.y = q.z = 0;}
helper.points.x -= q.x;
helper.points.y -= q.y;
helper.points.z -= q.z;
tx = helper.points.x;
ty = helper.points.y;						tz = helper.points.z;
GL.glColor3f(30.0f, 0.0f, 10.0f);
GL.glTexCoord2f(tx,ty );
GL.glVertex3f(tx, ty, tz);
}
GL.glEnd();		
GL.glPolygonMode(GL.GL_BACK, GL.GL_LINE);
}

so what do you think ? thx [Edited by - cockney on December 4, 2004 12:20:25 AM]
Advertisement
two things:

1) make sure you are enabling texturing: glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
2) You are supplying the same texture coordinates (0,0) for each vertex, this will map the first pixel in the texture to each of the vertices (thus making the object the same colour as the first pixel).
I know so little it's scary, BUT... have you checked that the order in which your vertices are specified, is correct? Can you render your object without texturing and it shows up OK?
There can be only one.
thx for your comments.

I have enabled texturing with glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); and changed the texture coordinates:

GL.glTexCoord2f(tx,ty );

The thing is that the texture shows like in "slices" when the object is rotated (for some odd reason). How can i make it apply uniformally to the object (while in rotation)?

thx

[Edited by - cockney on December 1, 2004 1:47:42 PM]
Any ideas guys?
It looks like you are using the same coordinates for texture and vertex. If those values (tx, ty) arent 0f to 1f, then you will get (I think) a repeating texture effect, which on a >4 vertex polygon probably looks pretty weird. If that's the case, convert tx, ty to a fraction of the total x, y range like,

float txFraction = (tx - MinX) / (MaxX - MinX);

and use those values for the texture coordinates.
I know that the issue relies somewhere on the texture coordinates. the problem is that whatever I have tried it did nto work.

Tried the last suqqestion as well but did not work, for some odd reason I don't get any texture on my polygon just lines.

any other ideas guys?

cheers
well?

:)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement