C++ or VB

Started by
18 comments, last by evolutional 19 years, 4 months ago
Actually, the .NET programs run almost as fast as C++. And they may run even faster in teh future. They will have access to registers your C++ compiler doens't even know exists.

Yes yes. VB may become the fastest language in the world.
Advertisement
What are these magical "registers" that you speak off? So in the future we'll have special .NET CPUs that let .NET programs run that extra bit faster?

Please either let this thread die or back up your arguements with objective data.
Console game stations are becoming more like computers. Such as the Xbox. Right now VB, isn't good for console apps. In the future your going to see .NET games on Xbox type consoles. Microsoft is making it happen.
.NET is not just VB. You still have C++.NET, C#, J#,... Why would you use VB over others?
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
I repeat, the original poster is a gimmick. Get over it! He's just posting to piss you off with his supposed ignorance. All you are doing by creating seriously replies is feeding his gimmick. Ignore him and he will die of starvation!
Mmmm,

Someone please terminate this thread. This dude's obviously trolling - the discussion serves no purpose.

-Arm.
So you are a big fanboy of VB.NET. Good for you. Still I haven't touch it and never will.
What do you want to achieve with thies thread anyway? Convince us to use VB instead of whatever we prefer to use right now?
If so, stop it. There is no such thing as the 'best' programming language. Ever noticed the B in Visual BASIC? FYI it stands for Beginner's (Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code, IIRC). I'd like to keep it this way (no offense intended, VB sure has it's place for RAD in UI intensive Windows-only apps).

Cheers,
Pat.
lol
------------------------ - Seby -www.dfhi-bomber.fr.st
microsoft is making it happen?
they re getting you to invest in them.

i would think that while vb could be used to write some parts of a game (network, user interface), it would be mostly useless for the important things, like the graphics engine.

sure you could buy one and plug it in, and since you only have a month that might be a good idea.

however many key algorithms in an engine will end up being optimized into assembly (i dont mean compiled),
and dont tell me that vb is faster than assembly.

also, c's low level support allows tricks that im not sure are even possible with vb. if they are, the gains would probably be lost because vb would require a roundabout way.

of course you could make the entire game with vb its just going to suck.

if you knew c++ and vb in depth, you would probably regret starting this thread.
Flamebait.

Instead of feeding the Trolls, can you please alert us to the presence of them by using the "Report this post to a moderator" feature.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement