[web] Best website creation program?

Started by
16 comments, last by teamonkey 19 years, 4 months ago
Hi I'm looking for a program to create websites. The problem is that there is to many programs to choose from and I have no idea where to start. I know C++ and most of the graphical issues, so the program I'm looking for doesn't need to be very "rookie-like". What's your favourite and why? Thanks
Advertisement
I don't think C++ will be a concern relative to making websites. You'll be more concerned with dhtml, xml, &#106avascripts, perl, stuff like that. Dreamweaver is the Lexus of website creation programs but it carries a hefty pricetag. <br><br>Programs I've used that I really liked are Acehtml, Webdwarf and Arachnophilia. They're all free and they have some really powerful features. I'm not 100% sure but I think Ace had some spyware issues. But the others should be clean.
vim
Amaya
I use Dreamweaver primarily. Works very well with PHP.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Honestly, I generally use regular text editors... like gedit, or notepad. Other than that? Right now I'm using a program called Bluefish, because it was handy at the time.
HTML Kit

anything else would be...uncivilized.

Use your favourite text editor, it is the best way to create a good standard-compliant webpage.
I like Primal Script for all my editing needs. It supports quite a few languages.
I use dreamweaver mainly for the php handling.
Dreamweaver MX 7.0.1
It really speeds up my php development.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement