Sign in to follow this  

Compiler

This topic is 4758 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just began checking out this scripting language. What I see so far, I like a lot. I was just wondering if there was going to be any organized formal effort the create a command line compiler (and maybe a linker) for this. I have checked out the one donated by Jiye Zeng, and the preprocessor by Deyja. I was wondering if there is enough of an interest in this part of the language to maybe organize an effort for a centralized command line compiler...? -JT

I'm certain the interest would grow if someone were to start such a project. Are you interested in being the one who does that? [smile]

I myself won't have the time to do it, as I need to put my time into the library. But I'm willing to help out with ideas and answering questions when necessary.

Regards,
Andreas

I've been doing some work on a complete integration solution. This would be able to both import and export function from AS. In addition it would precompile the script.
I'm currently only working on a C++ parser and it would still take a fairly substantial time before anything workable is out. If you're interested in co-operating, contact me.

Well, I agree with Andreas, that he should stick to the main library functionality and support there. I think the community could pick up the task of creating a compiler, linker and possibly even a debugger. I'll contact Gyrbo and see if I can help with his effort.

Maybe a small road map of what you would like to see Andreas would help kind of guide these external type projects.

Quote:
Maybe a small road map of what you would like to see Andreas would help kind of guide these external type projects.

Actually I don't think I'm the one who should define that road map. After all, I'm not the only one who will be using it. Maybe you could start a poll for feature requests or something like that.

I am Jiye Zeng, a new fan of AngelScript. I am glad to see some professional programmers, like JTAnderson, are going to work on a generic command line compiler. Let me know if I can be any help. But remember that I didn't formally take any C or C++ course or software engineering, so my approach may not be neat.

By the way, in the command compiler that I sent to Andrea, this line

if (engine->Build(0, &out) < 0)
throw error_message(fname, "Fail to build the script.");

in load_script() should be replaced by

if (engine->Build(module, &out) < 0)
throw error_message(fname, "Fail to build the script.");

It should not be difficult to wrap a dos prompt around the angelscript lib. :D An afternoons work, if you've already got a command line parser around.

Also, feel free to dump my preprocessor in it. Just don't be upset if I make you change it when I start working on that thing again.

This topic is 4758 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.