Sign in to follow this  
gjivan72

Hey

Hey ok i read the FAQ Im 15 i know HTML and i know a bit about basic and quite a bit about computers I made some flash movies but they are crappy Well i want to make games i know its harder then just saying but is there any click and go ones or click and help you program and such like that ?? THanks

hey THanks ill look there in a second i guess ill fread the faq but is that wehre i should begin its good but u know sometimes its good to hear experince people well tell me

also there some program named dark basic which can create playstation games well i heard that it can. you also program using basic. there is also one from 3d rad i haven't tried it yet but it sounds good.

I don't know if there's any better programs around but i do know these are the programs i heard about or used. try googling game creator app. or something similar.

[Edited by - owiley on December 1, 2004 7:01:42 PM]

the only thing diferent from movie design and games are that game take input and logic(in other words they're interactive) while movies just gives output(not very interactive)

lol yeah i know movies and games

Thanks alot First off THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST ACTIVE FOURMS EVER!!!!! AND BEST

Well have you guys heard of 3d Game Studio i think someone at my school bought like the full version or something

Well i dont know about flash games i dont like actionscript that much even though its nice in mac mx

a little it's supposely good but i don't know never tried it...and since it uses c programming language it would be the best way to go if you are seriously thinking about programming games....

Be aware that the less the program asks you to put in, the less you'll get out. These Klick-n-Play style apps do let you get simple games up and running quickly, but if you want to move beyond that, you will eventually need to use more powerful tools. Still, it's a good place to start.

Clickteam's stuff lets you design your game without actually having to worry about proper symbol-and-syntax programming. It uses an 'event' system - you define events (e.g. "ball collides with paddle") and how the system should respond ("change ball direction: bounce"). You can get Pong up and running in under five minutes, Breakout in another ten, and a simple platformer in about an hour. The biggest problem will be source art - the images, sounds, music and media that goes into your game - and Clickteam's product comes with a pretty good library of stuff to start with.

Hey thanks ya superpig ill think about that not get use to the app but ill try Clickteam's stuff .

Yeah ill put Game Studio Aside lol

owiley hmm coudl u help me i have aim and msn
gjivan72 gjivan72@hotmail.com usually on what do u use use since u dont use dark basic that much

c/c++
its very fun and hard to fix problems but that's why i like coding my goal is to be the best i can be when i do code or read articles. I will give u some info tomorrow right now i have homework ttu student.

dark basic is real easy and should be even easier since you know basic. The first thing you do is download the program. After installing it, it should run. i used the eval. version and it started the introduction page and told me every thing about dark basic and even more. the introduction will include the tutorial for the syntax and important notes if you get your samples running then its time to go out and find more software to aid in our game developement..Since the environment is just a simple complier for beginner the makers didn't bother with making extra tools to model with and ect. We will need to find a modeler hopefully a free one i really haven't seen any good ones that supports the files named x but Milk shape 3d is probably your best shot but you can use just regular bmp if you wanted too just remember this baby work with 3d environments so its okay too start with something simple like pong and then maybe you would go to the best game of the century who knows. you all so need a sound recorder or some sound libraries.

thanks alot i think i migth be intrestred let me get started first .

I emailed you and such

[Edited by - gjivan72 on December 4, 2004 11:45:17 AM]