Hey

Started by
17 comments, last by gjivan72 19 years, 4 months ago
i use dark basic from time to time need some help starting up?
Bring more Pain
Advertisement
dark basic, blitz basic, and Game Maker are your best bets.

don't use GameStudio 3D... it's more for intermediate programmers/users.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Be aware that the less the program asks you to put in, the less you'll get out. These Klick-n-Play style apps do let you get simple games up and running quickly, but if you want to move beyond that, you will eventually need to use more powerful tools. Still, it's a good place to start.

Clickteam's stuff lets you design your game without actually having to worry about proper symbol-and-syntax programming. It uses an 'event' system - you define events (e.g. "ball collides with paddle") and how the system should respond ("change ball direction: bounce"). You can get Pong up and running in under five minutes, Breakout in another ten, and a simple platformer in about an hour. The biggest problem will be source art - the images, sounds, music and media that goes into your game - and Clickteam's product comes with a pretty good library of stuff to start with.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Hey thanks ya superpig ill think about that not get use to the app but ill try Clickteam's stuff .

Yeah ill put Game Studio Aside lol

owiley hmm coudl u help me i have aim and msn
gjivan72 gjivan72@hotmail.com usually on what do u use use since u dont use dark basic that much
c/c++
its very fun and hard to fix problems but that's why i like coding my goal is to be the best i can be when i do code or read articles. I will give u some info tomorrow right now i have homework ttu student.
Bring more Pain
OK thanks ill be wating lol its 3:03 Est Virgina time PM

what about c script?
dark basic is real easy and should be even easier since you know basic. The first thing you do is download the program. After installing it, it should run. i used the eval. version and it started the introduction page and told me every thing about dark basic and even more. the introduction will include the tutorial for the syntax and important notes if you get your samples running then its time to go out and find more software to aid in our game developement..Since the environment is just a simple complier for beginner the makers didn't bother with making extra tools to model with and ect. We will need to find a modeler hopefully a free one i really haven't seen any good ones that supports the files named x but Milk shape 3d is probably your best shot but you can use just regular bmp if you wanted too just remember this baby work with 3d environments so its okay too start with something simple like pong and then maybe you would go to the best game of the century who knows. you all so need a sound recorder or some sound libraries.
Bring more Pain
if you would like to start a project together i would be more than willing to assist you in your developement let me know if you still need help my e-mail address is owiley2002@yahoo.com
Bring more Pain
thanks alot i think i migth be intrestred let me get started first .

I emailed you and such

[Edited by - gjivan72 on December 4, 2004 11:45:17 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement