OpenGl

Started by
4 comments, last by mrtie_dye 19 years, 4 months ago
I started learning OpenGL from NeHe's tutorial's, and really liked them. I would like to continue learning from them while I am at work for 12 hours with nothing else better to do, but I can only run MinGW Studio at work. It does not support glaux. So, I downloaded NeHe's glaux replacement, and it seems to be broken. I can't get it to compile. Anyone using NeHe's tutorials in MinGw? How did you get it to work? I have searched the internet for other tutorials on OpenGl, but they are all either in a different programming language, or not in english. Any suggestions on a tutorial that uses gl.h, glu.h, and glext.h? (This is what is in the include directory for MinGW under gl)
Marriage is the #1 cause of divorce
Advertisement
I think you should try using SDL and OpenGL together its awesome. . .
Quote:
I think you should try using SDL and OpenGL together its awesome

This doesn't help much, considering I can't even get opengl to work.
One of nehe's ports is to glut, which is concidered the replacement to glaux by many. MinGW has a verson of glut avalible for download. You might want to use the glut replacements to the lesson while you're at work.
The real OpenGL files are gl.h and glu.h. GLaux.h is a helper library to set up a window and handle events. You can still program in OpenGL without GLaux.h. In addition to GLaux, there is also GLUT and SDL which does the same thing. If you can set up GLUT or SDL, and you have gl.h and glu.h, you can code in OpenGL.
Thanks, Binomine. I think I got it working now. That was a HUGE help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement