Sign in to follow this  
jtmerchant

Execute on Boot

There's a crapload of ways, especially if you count, not only EXEs, but other executable formats loaded as plugins and components and libraries and whatnot. What are you trying to do... remove a tenacious piece of malware from your system?

I have some code here, but don't know does it work or not.

This add register key to run program on boot

TRegistry *reg = new TRegistry(KEY_ALL_ACCESS);
reg->RootKey = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
reg->OpenKey("\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run",false);
if(AAutoRun->Checked) reg->WriteString("RailRoad",Application->ExeName);
else
{
if(reg->ValueExists("RailRoad")) reg->DeleteValue("RailRoad");
}
delete reg;

i once did actually make a little app which start on star up. what i did was to edit the registry, i cant remember what functions i used but i di remember it was like 2 or 3 api calls. might want to check out programmers-unlimited.com, i did write a little tutorial on this there, but since i forgot all about how to do it. however the posters above kind of covered the registry, but iam sure wat i did was slightly different.

Quote:
Original post by GregLoutsenko
i once did actually make a little app which start on star up. what i did was to edit the registry, i cant remember what functions i used but i di remember it was like 2 or 3 api calls. might want to check out programmers-unlimited.com, i did write a little tutorial on this there, but since i forgot all about how to do it. however the posters above kind of covered the registry, but iam sure wat i did was slightly different.
The above code seems to be Borland or whatever the compiler is that has a load of wrapper classes. You probalby used the raw Win32 functions like RegOpenKey(), RegCloseKey(), etc. I used those as well, and as you said, its very simple to do.

Did you actually look at the link I posted above?
It should completely answer your question.

Download the program too btw :-)