Whats the difference between these functions?

Started by
6 comments, last by Muncher 19 years, 4 months ago
Hello, stupid question time :) I can't find any docs on what the difference is beween each of these functions... glUniform1ivARB glUniform2ivARB glUniform3ivARB glUniform3ivARB also, what does the "iv" part of the function mean? Cheers Paul
Advertisement
http://developer.3dlabs.com/openGL2/slapi/UniformARB.htm iv means array of integers.

int nValues = {1,1,1,1}
glUniform4iv(x,nValues);
Yep, i've had a look at that :) thanks.
But for the life of me, i can't figure out what they do differently..... they are even used in the same manor.

More specifically, i want to know what the "1iv" means in the function name; ie the "3f" part of glVertex3f means there are three parameters of type float.... so how does "1iv" read?
oops, sorry, read my previous post, I edited it in. glVertex3fv exists too, which would take the values from an array. You should bookmark that site, it's a good opengl reference, and easy to browse quickly.

http://developer.3dlabs.com/glmanpage_index.htm
what does the "4" mean in glUniform4iv(x,nValues);

obviously its not 4 parameters :)
thanks for the help so far!
Quote:Original post by Muncher
what does the "4" mean in glUniform4iv(x,nValues);

obviously its not 4 parameters :)
thanks for the help so far!

Yes, it's four parameters, but they come from the array. It's the same as calling glUniform4i(), except you have the values in an existing array.
Quote:The number specified in the name of the command indicates the number of components for each element in value , and it should match the number of components in the data type of the specified uniform variable (e.g., 1 for float, int, bool; 2 for vec2, ivec2, bvec2, etc.).

see link above!
“Always programm as if the person who will be maintaining your program is a violent psychopath that knows where you live”
ahh cheers guys, thanks for the help :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement