Sign in to follow this  

half life 2 physics pars

This topic is 4764 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I must admit, the physics in this game are cool. The thing that I am disapointed with is that objects such as glass bottles don't break as they should. For instance, the green bottles always break into 3 pieces and brown into 4, then those pieces disaper pretty quick. The crates suffer from the same problem. I jumped out of a window onto a crate and it broke. I looked at the pile of wood and there were only about 5 splineters of wood, no sides ot anything. This brought the game down for me. On the other hand, the collision detection and collision reaction are superb. I can't fault that at all. I think it's amazing how that kind of thing can be attechieved with about 10 lines of code!!

Not sure what your point is. That HL2 doesn't have perfect physics? It's a game, to get a respectable framerate some cuts must be done. As a game developer you should realise that.

Oh and the physics engine is Havoc 2.0.

This topic is 4764 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.