AngelScript for Borland C++

Started by
4 comments, last by TommyA 19 years, 4 months ago
Hi there, saw the angelscript and wondered if there is a version for the Borland C++ Builder, adding the sources to my project led to alot of: "E2321 Declaration does not specify a tag or an identifier" and "E2034 Cannot convert 'unsigned char *' to 'asCUnknownClass *'" So I wondered if there were a ported version around, couldn't find any through normal search. Looks real promising but would really enjoy having the capability of using it hehe... best regards
---Tommy AndersenMessenger: andersen_t@hotmail.com
Advertisement
I'm not aware of any ports. Can Borland C++ handle the angelscript.h file? You can try the "manual import" method and use a precompiled dll from MSVC.
I haven't heard of anyone using Borland C++ to compile AngelScript. You are the first one.

I try to make the code as portable as possible. But obviously Borland C++ doesn't agree with the way I solved some things.

If you are willing to try to port the library I would be more than happy to inlcude the changes needed in the release.

Other than the code itself, you'll also have to verify the calling conventions used by Borland C++. There may be situations where it differs from MSVC and GNUC, just as MSVC and GNUC doesn't always do it the same way.

Calling conventions on the x86 platform. This is an article I wrote collecting the information I have on different calling conventions used by GNUC and MSVC. You may be able to use it to identify how Borland C++ works.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Thanks for the fast reply...

Sorry to hear that there are no ports for BC++ currently I can't manage porting AS but I might try later on, are there any precompiled library file, so I can use AS in that way?

The calling conventions are very similar, haven't really investigated it completely but from what I could see in the page you send it looks as if they are alike...

Anyway thanks for your interest, please continue the good job :)
Sorry, there are no precompiled versions of the library yet. I think I'll compile a dll for the 1.10.1b version and upload it to the site. Precompiled libs probably wouldn't be of much use though.

I wouldn't expect any large differences in the calling conventions. Unfortunately it is the small differences that cause the problems.

Another difference is probably in the way Borland handles pointers to member functions.

Doesn't Borland have a free downloadable compiler? Maybe if you helped me set up a makefile for that compiler I could work out a working version. Though probably not, seeing as I have very little time.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Yes borland has a free compiler, it can be found at:
http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/freecompiler/

Although I haven't tried it myself, I've seen some good response on it. I don't know how much help I'll be in assisting creating make files, although I'd love to give it a chance. I can understand if you don't have time to do it, but I would be very happy if AS became compatible with bcb.

Again thanks for the support.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement