Sign in to follow this  
isiahil

XBOX modding alternatives

My sister won an XBOX and i want to make games on it just for fun, but i heard you had to put a mod chip in it. This is a huge problem because i know my sister wont even let open the XBOX. So i need to know is there any way to develop games on it without modding its insides physically?

Quote:
Original post by Vampyre_Dark
Why don't you just make games for your PC?
What he said. Just use DirectX 8.1 and keep your total memory usage below 64MB, and it'll be just like the real thing (tm).

The Consoles forum would be a good place to look for info. In fact I should probably move this there...

edit: oh, hey, there's another two of your threads here. Why the heck did you post this in the Lounge?

I personally modded my xbox and a bunch of other peoples, including one I just got today that someone wanted me to "upgrade"

I used the mechwarrior hack and by using linux I installed various other emulators, games, and dashboards

so now there is no need to go into linux to use these things, I can run them straight from the modified dash

fyi, there is no graphic hardware support with linux - only framebuffer

and xbox live will not work afterword - but you can (and should) backup your xbox's harddrive so you can revert back if you deem it necessary later down the road

If you want some more help, I'm here...

The mech warrior hack uses a buffer overflow in the save game loading routine of the mech warrior game and therefor needs no mod chip. Just a memory card and the game AFAIR.

Anyway, you might want to look here for lots of info on all sorts of xbox topics:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/

Or, alternatively, you could ask google your question. But I guess you could have done that in the first place. ;)