XBOX modding alternatives

Started by
7 comments, last by Rattenhirn 19 years, 4 months ago
My sister won an XBOX and i want to make games on it just for fun, but i heard you had to put a mod chip in it. This is a huge problem because i know my sister wont even let open the XBOX. So i need to know is there any way to develop games on it without modding its insides physically?
I don't have to do nothing but live and die, everything else i choose to do- I don't know, but my dad says it alot
Advertisement
AFAIK, no.

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

Try the linux / mech warrior hack. You can run linux games with it.

<shrugs>
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Can someone point me in a direction where i can learn to program linux games?
I don't have to do nothing but live and die, everything else i choose to do- I don't know, but my dad says it alot
Why don't you just make games for your PC? thee's no need for Linux, or modding consoles. Just go pickup a free compiler, and get started.
Quote:Original post by Vampyre_Dark
Why don't you just make games for your PC?
What he said. Just use DirectX 8.1 and keep your total memory usage below 64MB, and it'll be just like the real thing (tm).

The Consoles forum would be a good place to look for info. In fact I should probably move this there...

edit: oh, hey, there's another two of your threads here. Why the heck did you post this in the Lounge?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I personally modded my xbox and a bunch of other peoples, including one I just got today that someone wanted me to "upgrade"

I used the mechwarrior hack and by using linux I installed various other emulators, games, and dashboards

so now there is no need to go into linux to use these things, I can run them straight from the modified dash

fyi, there is no graphic hardware support with linux - only framebuffer

and xbox live will not work afterword - but you can (and should) backup your xbox's harddrive so you can revert back if you deem it necessary later down the road

If you want some more help, I'm here...
Is the Mech Hack a mod chip or did you somehow do it with out opening it? anyway came you point me in the diretion of some more information about this mech hack.
The mech warrior hack uses a buffer overflow in the save game loading routine of the mech warrior game and therefor needs no mod chip. Just a memory card and the game AFAIR.

Anyway, you might want to look here for lots of info on all sorts of xbox topics:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/

Or, alternatively, you could ask google your question. But I guess you could have done that in the first place. ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement