• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BungoMan85

Windows Media Player Plugin

This topic is 5040 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I kinda asked this question before a while back and only got some general answers that did point me in the right direction but didn't give me all the help I need. I'm trying to use the WMP SDK to make a plugin that will retrieve the name of the currently playing track whenever it changes. I read all the documentation for the WMP SDK and it helped me get started, but unlike the Platform SDK docs, it does a pretty poor job of explaining how everything works. I created a new WMP plugin project and made it a UI plugin that runs in the background with support for WMP events. My question is, which event is triggered when the track changes? And, how can I tell the name of the track and all the info on it? I was told the first time I asked this (my question was a lot more general because I had no idea what I was in for) that I need to use the Player object to get to the Media object which contains all the information I need. Well, just HOW do i do that? I am yet to see some useful C++ code that shows how this is done or any kind of description of how it is done. I spent the last hour and a half googling for all of this and didn't come up with anything I didn't already know.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!