Sign in to follow this  
The C modest god

Site downloading files questions

Suppose I upload a file into the ftp folder of my website. Being there, nobody(except myself of course) can download it? or is it available to download? If the file isnt available to download, then is it possible with flash to put a link on my website for downloading the file, that it will not be possible to redirect a link from another website to the file?

Ok, I think if you put a file in the ftp of the site, you can write the address of the file and then download it even if there is no link in the web site pages.
However, if I put it in an address that will be hard to guess, will there be no way to know which address the file is in except by guessing it. Or is there a way to see all the folders and files of the website(for a guest)?

Well eh..., guess your questions are a bit off topic, but I can tell you that you can change the file access permission so only people logged in can download that file. Normally everybody can download files from your ftp server unless the server manager decided to make all access restrictions to private.