• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mvtapia

Lights and X File

This topic is 5125 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

One quesion, does the directx x file have lighting information, because I render the tiny.x and if I turn on the lights and don't create any lights and I can still see it. Any suggestions, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Advertisement
Im not sure. But one time i was using rad when i was trying hard to make games. And i made a model from 3dsmax and used a converter i got from the 3drad links. When i finally got the model to show up in rad, it didnt used the lights i had. So i had to render to texture and make lightmap texture.

No, the mesh definition (i.e. the .x file) does not contain any information on lights.

Are you sure that you have lighting enabled and that you don't have any ambient light turned on?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!