Sign in to follow this  
ifeelsodumbrightnow

3d grass bitmap ( HELP ME )

Ok create 3d levels just for the hell of it...But i was just wondering if this would work if it was in a game...Ok i make a bitmap with white and black dots all over the place. Theres a tutorial on how to make grass this way.. Now once i have the white and black dots i make it so u cant see the black dots just the white ones. Then i use a gras texture. So now i have many dots. then i copy that plane or bitmap and raise it. i do this about 5 times making a 3d grass type look. Now im stuck not knowing if this would work in a game...Im working on a huge level and i just finished making the grass everywhere. But many people told me it would read the grass as a bitmap and u wouldnt be able to walk threw it...Other said becuz i used a 2d plane witch i did it wouldnt read the effects i put on it and not even show up... i was just wonder should i kill the grass or figure out how to this..if u have any advice let me know. If i knew how to post pics i can show u too if needed! thanks everyeone

yeah i sat there and worked with mind. Its lookds great. It looks real. Infact i even added mostion so it looks like it blows in the wind..My next huge step with by the way im looking a head cuz my pc cant handle it..But ive been working with the ANIMATION this is real time..And i drop a ball on it and it looks like the grass bends in like real grass..after messing with it...Its close not perfect..But im hoping that when im done with this level i can get someone to help me with my plan..If u wanna see a pic so u can decide how mine looks let me know i have aim...