• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ifeelsodumbrightnow

3d grass bitmap ( HELP ME )

This topic is 4949 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok create 3d levels just for the hell of it...But i was just wondering if this would work if it was in a game...Ok i make a bitmap with white and black dots all over the place. Theres a tutorial on how to make grass this way.. Now once i have the white and black dots i make it so u cant see the black dots just the white ones. Then i use a gras texture. So now i have many dots. then i copy that plane or bitmap and raise it. i do this about 5 times making a 3d grass type look. Now im stuck not knowing if this would work in a game...Im working on a huge level and i just finished making the grass everywhere. But many people told me it would read the grass as a bitmap and u wouldnt be able to walk threw it...Other said becuz i used a 2d plane witch i did it wouldnt read the effects i put on it and not even show up... i was just wonder should i kill the grass or figure out how to this..if u have any advice let me know. If i knew how to post pics i can show u too if needed! thanks everyeone

Advertisement
yeah i sat there and worked with mind. Its lookds great. It looks real. Infact i even added mostion so it looks like it blows in the wind..My next huge step with by the way im looking a head cuz my pc cant handle it..But ive been working with the ANIMATION this is real time..And i drop a ball on it and it looks like the grass bends in like real grass..after messing with it...Its close not perfect..But im hoping that when im done with this level i can get someone to help me with my plan..If u wanna see a pic so u can decide how mine looks let me know i have aim...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!