[.net] Looking for example, Managed DX9, nice window/full-screen switching

Started by
3 comments, last by spejic 19 years, 4 months ago
Hiya, I've looked through the Direct3D books that I have, and they show how to create a windowed app and a full-screen app, but never explain, or show how to, switch between the two in the same program. Does anyone have or know of a basic Direct3D app that will: (1) Allow switching between Windowed and Full-Screen mode (2) Properly handle ALT-TAB Thanks for any help! // CHRIS
// CHRIS [win32mfc]
Advertisement
Would also be nice to see full screen device recovered from loss of focus/minimizing.
Yes, that's part of the "Properly handle ALT-TAB" feature..

I found a C# example on DrunkenHyena.com here:

http://www.drunkenhyena.com/cgi-bin/view_article.pl?chapter=2;article=10;lang=cs

Which led to me other post on this forum.. I have the latest DX 9.0 SDK (Oct 2004) and when I run the example EXE in the ZIP file provided, the example crashes when you try to run it. BUT, if I open the source project in VS.NET 2003, recompile and run, it works fine. Trying to understand what's going on with that..

// CHRIS
// CHRIS [win32mfc]
Quote:Original post by win32mfc
Yes, that's part of the "Properly handle ALT-TAB" feature..

I found a C# example on DrunkenHyena.com here:

http://www.drunkenhyena.com/cgi-bin/view_article.pl?chapter=2;article=10;lang=cs

Which led to me other post on this forum.. I have the latest DX 9.0 SDK (Oct 2004) and when I run the example EXE in the ZIP file provided, the example crashes when you try to run it. BUT, if I open the source project in VS.NET 2003, recompile and run, it works fine. Trying to understand what's going on with that..

// CHRIS

It can't find the Direct3D assembly. The author may have used a different version (the assembly is probably strongly named) or a direct3d dll in a different location.

Microsoft recently released a December update to the DirectX SDK.
There are lots of samples of this in various books, but I had a great deal of trouble actually implementing it once my application got beyond a certain size. I got all sorts of problems including texture tearing and various generic DirectX errors that were just impossible to debug. I just switched to using the sample framework Microsoft provides in their SDK and now it is all taken care of for me.
---Grandpa Simpson - "I never thought I could shoot down a German plane, but last year I proved myself wrong!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement