Sign in to follow this  
the_cyberlord

Disbind the current texture?

I believe you can also bind the texture Id 0, without disabling texturing. This will be equivalent to binding a white texture.

Nah that's a bad idea, especially if your using openGL. If you leave texture mapping enabled, then every polygon you draw afterwards that is not texture mapped, will have the default texture mapping coordinates assigned to it (usually (0,0) for each verticie). Soooooo, that means that if you have a null or white texture currently bound, then you will get white polygones everywhere that you don't have texture mapped. I recently ran into the same problem.
enjoy,
JDev

Quote:
Original post by JDev
Nah that's a bad idea, especially if your using openGL. ... Soooooo, that means that if you have a null or white texture currently bound, then you will get white polygones everywhere

What is wrong with white textures being bound to polygons? O_o

Before you draw your polygons, you bind textures to them. Binding a null texture for the current polygon will only affect that polygon if you are still binding the other polygons' textures accordingly.
-david-

EDIT: I re-read your post JDev, and noticed you meant non-textured polygons. Then yes, you would want to disable texturing for those.