A Musical Adventure

Started by
22 comments, last by _mari_ 19 years, 4 months ago
Thanks for the comment Playful Puppy, but it seems as if the idea of recognizing good or bad music has lost it's life. We've decided to go down a road that will offer the player a more simple way to play the music. All of the music that the player will play will be pre-written, but there will be three options as to how they can play each song. Their choice is what affects the crowd to give money or not. It'll be like a rock-paper-scissors game.
_______________________Dancing Monkey Studios
Advertisement
I have an idea on how to make playing (the music) easier for people who aren't really very musical without skipping the playing part altogether:

When you learn a song from someone, or make one yourself, you could have the option to play it with "music sheets". Then the buttons you have to press would be displayed on screen as you play, helping you with finding the right notes and timing. (Think dance-mat games but with letters running across the screen).

Also I think you should consider using the right side of the keyboard instead of the left (ie. F-L instead of A-H). This would be a slight change but would make playing a bit easier for right-handed players (the majority).
The idea of using sheet music is great, mari! I also like your idea of how to accompany the right-handed majority, yet the F key isn't very simple to find for many. Maybe the use of the numpad? What do you think?
_______________________Dancing Monkey Studios
Yeah, it would probably be easier to find the numpad keys. Although not all computers have numpads (laptops...). Plus playing with the keys more in line might feel more like playing music, kinda like playing the piano, with the numpad it could turn into just playing a dance-mat game with a computer keyboard. So, both have their advantages and disadvantages, it's just a matter of do you want it to be more like playing music or easier to learn.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement