[web] What u think of these web space providers?

Started by
7 comments, last by Dim_Yimma_H 19 years, 4 months ago
I'm planning on putting up a website and thought I should first try one of the free web space providers. I've read about these: Angelfire: 20MB space (anyone know about the bandwidth?) Tripod: 20MB space, 1GB bandwidth/month Freewebs: 40MB space, 500MB bandwidth/month Now I wonder what you think about these hosts or do you know about any better ones? \Jimmy H
Advertisement
Frankly, they're all rubbish - no remote linking, real issues if you're hosting files for people to download and so on. I played the "free web hosts" game years back, and I had to constantly change [sad]
If you buy GDNet+ (it works out to ~£20/year - very cheap!) you get 25MB of fast web hosting (as well as all the other member benefits), FTP access, and decent bandwidth. Plus, you're supporting this site, which is always good [smile]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

how about atspace?

50mb web space and unlimited bandwidth
Moving to Web Development - and check out the Forum FAQ for some more free hosts
Thanks a lot for your help! I will definitely consider GDNet+. atspace looked ok but they limit the size of one file to 200KB (for the free hosting).

\Jimmy H
100WebSpace
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
w-b hosting that's what I use and it is feature packed.

[Edited by - jumpjumpjump on December 4, 2004 1:56:40 PM]
I am experimenting with 100webspace.com currently. Things are going well. The only problem is that they just recently dropped their file size limit from 3mb to 500kb. I may still use them for my page, and have the larger files on the 10mb my isp provides.

Best of luck.
I've looked around based on your tips and made up my mind. 100webspace seems like a good idea. Thanks again.

\Jimmy H

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement