what we need?

Started by
4 comments, last by Muhammad Haggag 19 years, 4 months ago
hi i am a girl from isreal (phalstinia) i have quastion.... what i need from c++ to learn directX i mean that.. what i must to know in order to learn directX ( don't remmeber ... c++) for example:- 1- arrys 2- loops like this and thanks
Advertisement
Hi,

To be precise, you probably need only to understand how to interact/access/use class-objects and pointers to *use* DirectX.

However, you won't get very far without knowing a lot lot lot more about the language.

It is probably better that you assume you need to learn the language, completely, to at least an intermediate degree or higher before you consider trying to add DirectX to the mix.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

You'd better get yourself familiar with a programming language first before delving into DirectX. Currently, you can choose any of C++, C# and VisualBasic.NET (as well as other .NET languages, I assume).

Quote:i mean that.. what i must to know in order to learn directX ( don't remmeber ... c++)
for example:-
1- arrys
2- loops
like this

To answer in this way, I'd say you'd become familiar with:
- Fundamentals (identifiers, keywords, ...etc)
- Program control (if, if-else, switch, loops, ...etc)
- Functions
- Arrays and pointers
- Structures, unions, and enumerations
- Macros
- OOP (Classes, encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism)
- Function and operator overloading

Before you start DirectX.

phalstinia?
is this a country?
I looked it up in the atlas and I couldnt find any country named phalstinia...
anyway, first learn english
As said above, it will be quite difficult to work with direct3d without knowing the basic logic of the language. That said, a good place to learn about direct3d is at

http://www.riaz.de/tutorials/d3d.html

It's a lot of material, but it should take you through it fairly step-by-step. However, even at best it's fairly simplistic so once (and if) you manage to get through that the best resources after than I find is Microsofts MSDN... and, of course, here ;)
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
phalstinia?
is this a country?
I looked it up in the atlas and I couldnt find any country named phalstinia...
anyway, first learn english

It's called Palestine. And given that you're from Israel, I'm doubtful you don't know that.

Annoying other people cowardly won't do (you know who you are). Behave yourself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement