A request

Started by
14 comments, last by MystiCPL 19 years, 4 months ago
Can't you make the limit the game to a GF2. Pixel and vertex shaders dont make a game. The story, gameplay, innovation etc go into it. GF2 is a great card. Many good games are made on low end hardware. Not having appropriate hardware is just an excuse and maybe you need to rethink the strategy.
The more applications I write, more I find out how less I know
Advertisement
I know that pixel and vertex shaders don't make a good game, but I don't need to test only those. I want to make the game look as good as it can and my GF2 MX can't run in fair high speed even 2 really high polygon models. What low end hard games do you mean? On my comp every newer game works slow, as for the example GTA:VC sometimes runs really slow in 640x480x16 mode :/ Well I'm still workig on a site so maybe I'll get some donations when it's finished...I hope so. Yet another thing is that I still don't know any online payment company I can make account on, I have an account on e-gold but I don't know if any donations through it are possible :(
I agree with the posters who say that you're aiming too high. I don't even have a GF2, yet I'm able to work on games--fairly entertaining ones to boot. Grapihcs don't make a game.
http://edropple.com
Well I don't think that graphics make a good game (well my favourite is "Final Fantasy 7" which doesn't have cute graphics), but I don't know if anyone these times is going to play an RPG (jRPG style) with bad graphics, I just don't know how pc gamers think, the most games I have played were on my old, precious PSX and I hope to play some good games on PS2 or 3 after I find a job and buy it. I also hope some Japanese RPG developers will start making their great games for pc, because only ones I have seen are FF7, 8, 11 and Gradia 2 :/ Thanks to everyone that helped...I hope I will be able to solve my problems and get my motivation back ;(
Best wishes to all other game-makers
Quake 3 : Worked on my intel 810 onboard graphics card. (Quite good graphics considering it card cannot even be compared to a GF2)

Serious Sam : Worked on my 810 as well.

Claw (2D game ) works on most old cards. Very good graphics.
Prince of Persia 3 (worked on my intel 810 as well).
NFS 2, 3, 4 - good graphics as well.

Do you need more examples ? If you are saying only ps and vs make a good graphics, you are highly mistaken. You are forgetting the importance of textures, sprites, 2d effects etc that go into adding eye candy.

If you are really wanting a new card try the khronos OpenGL ES contest (as per the prize there is a wildcat card for the taking). Work hard for it and maybe you will win it.

The more applications I write, more I find out how less I know
I didn't say that only PS has good graphics, I said that I really played only on consoles and I don't know if pc gamers will want to play an jRPG-style game with graphics worse than the new Doom or something...I think I'll get back to programming in a few days so thanks for your support :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement