A request

Started by
14 comments, last by MystiCPL 19 years, 4 months ago
Hello! My name is £ukasz which in English would be Luke. I am 16 years old and I live in a poor country which is Poland. My parents don't work and I can't either because in Poland I need to have 18 years to work. I started programming when I had 12 years (of course that was very simple programs) and continued it since present day. After some dreams about making my own game I talked with some friends and we made a project which we REALLY like, but after a couple of months of code writing in the early phase of testing it happened that my computer isn't enough to test all the functions we wanted to implement because a poor GeForce 2 MX can't calculate many polygons and doesn't support pixel shader. That's why I think that this forum is my only hope...I would like to ask anyone that can spare with me even a single dollar or even better a graphics card that can handle a bit of testing like mentioned above that he/she doesn't use I would appreciate it until the resto fo my life. So if there is anyone that can help me i would ask him/her to private message me on this board or send me an e-mail at M_YSTI_C@interia.pl Thank you very much Best wishes £ukasz Plicner
Advertisement
I really feel for your position but you're asking a bit much. Your best idea would be to setup a PayPal enabled website with the "Make a donation" button.

On that site you'll also want to include some proof that you're actually going to use the money to buy a geforce. Maybe some screenshots or code samples of your game would help. People just arent going to want to give you their money otherwise. There are so many scams going on through the internet that this could just be one.

I'm sure it isnt, so get some proof up there and make a donations website. You'll get that Geforce in no time!

Best of luck!
Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet.Chinese Proverb
Have you tried going to http://www.rentacoder.com?

I am not sure what the rules are for that website as far as age restrictions or citizenship go, but it may be worth checking out... People post up jobs they need done, and pay you some amount for doing the job. One of my friends who is in college says he has made some good cash by doing this on the side.

Best of luck,

roos
I tried to make a PayPal account but it seems they don't like Polish people because I can't choose Poland in country section ;( As for this moment I stopped that project because I lost all my motivation, but if you say so, I think I'll resume it in near future. Worse thing is to make a website...I'll ask a friend :)
Thank you for help :)
Lukas, have you checked out GFFX5200 ? It supports pixel&vertex shader 2.0 (it`s slow but shaders are fast enough for testing reasonable scenes) and in Slovakia (neighbouring country with Poland) it costs $50 which isn`t very much and could be earned in 3-4 days by working on some construction site. Poland is a very big country and it doesn`t matter to construction managers you are 16 yrs old if you`re going to work there only for 3-4 days - of course without papers and insurance-illegally, but if you want it very much, you`ll do it and persuade the people to let you work. I`m sure 2 weekends should be enough to earn $50 even in Poland.

As for motivation, get used to it, it`s quite normal while working on games that your motivation skyrockets and plummets in same cycles like moon goes full ~each month.

VladR My 3rd person action RPG on GreenLight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92951596

I'd reccomend you have some sort of fallback system for your drawing routines. In my engine I test to see what the card will support and appropriate shaders for drawing are selected based on that. What is better with this methodology is that since all drawing code is encapsulated in these shaders, if initialization is also encapsulated in a plugin you can easily change the rendering API by modifying the shaders to draw using a different API. My system is so generic it will probably be able to even support future APIs like OpenRT (Raytracing API).
@VladR: Well I think Gf FX5200 would be great for this matter. As for work...It's even hard to find a job for an older man here + I live in a small city so It's even harder ;( As for this moment I would say... Poland sux. Oh and this card in Poland costs a bit more than 75$ -_-'

@Lithic: I will try to write something like that, thanx for help :)

@All others: Thank you for help, hope my motivation gets back home soon :D

Another thing I would like to ask about is if It's possible to use my bank account number on a site instead of a PayPal donation button (as I said before I can't register at PayPal -_-')? I would give my account number there so any donators could send me money through bank...is that possible between countries?
Its possible, yes. But a good idea? No.

Don't post your bank account details on the web. There are other paypal like things you could use, google around for online payments.

Good luck!
Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet.Chinese Proverb
OK I've searched a bit and now I have another question...is www.e-gold.com a good site to make account on? If yes, I should just put my account number (1784359) on the site right?
If this is going to be a real, commercial game, I think you're more likely to get some money by saying "Invest in my company," rather than asking for donations.
___________________________________________________________Where to find the intensity (Updated Dec 28, 2004)Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement