Sign in to follow this  
Cypher777

Laptop graphics card problem...

I have a problem with toggling out of fullscreen mode on my laptop, which is a Compaw Evo N800w with a Mobility Fire GL 9000 graphics card with the latest drivers (I think). The problem is that after I toggle out of fullscreen mode, it doesn't completely exit fullscreen mode. Instead, it displays a window that takes up the entire screen, and the proportions of my desktop are out of whack (bigger than they really should be). I think that it's switching to a window, but not disabling the fullscreen mode. I have tried one of the fullscreen fixes listed in lesson 28 to no avail. Here is an image showing the problem, notice that the window is taking up the ENTIRE screen: http://img129.exs.cx/img129/2515/c7untitled.png

The Omega Drivers suggestion is a good one, but I'm developing software that will run on many versions of the same Laptop (all Compaq Evo N800w with identical hardware), and I want to minimize the amount of driver switching that has to be done. Basically, I am looking for a code solution, rather than completely switching everyone to different hardware drivers.