Sign in to follow this  
red-dragonX

cursess/ncurses problem--looking for a function that deletes a character...

ok, well i'm having this problem. i'm using curses, not ncurses (i don't have much experience in this, but i think ncurses is an update version of curses? or adds a few more things to the library). anyways, so yeah, i'm stuck with curses library. here's the code that i have down: if ((sx == tx) && (sy == ty)) // mvdelch(ty, tx); mvwdelch(WINDOW* win, ty, tx); //upon collision of the two characters, I want one of them to //just disapper... i.e. killing off an enemy and making him //disappear first, i used mvdelch...it didn't work correctly. when the two characters had the same coords, they both just kept moving. so i decided to test with the mvwdelch function... (plus, i noticed the WINDOW* win in the beginning of code and thought this function may be the one to use). so i did.... only it won't compile.... (ignore the warnings, they've been there) : /usr/include/widec.h:41: warning: `putwchar' redefined /usr/include/iso/wchar_iso.h:341: warning: this is the location of the previous definition project4.c: In function `main': project4.c:179: parse error before `WINDOW' *** Error code 1 make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `project4' yet, if i replace it with mvdelch, it compiles, so it has something to do with mvwdelch. plus, i noticed that delch itself compiled whereas wdelch(WINDOW* win) didn't either (with the same parse errors). any clues? are the wdelch and mvwdelch functions for ncurses only? am i not giving the right arguments? any help is appreciated... thanks in advance.

Quote:
Original post by red-dragonX
if ((sx == tx) && (sy == ty))
// mvdelch(ty, tx);
mvwdelch(WINDOW* win, ty, tx);

am i not giving the right arguments?

Never include the variable's type ("WINDOW *" here) when making a function call.

thanks Zahlman. I can get it to compile, but it's not working. if i'm correct, you send in mvwdelch(win, y, x), so in my case, i send in the enemy's points.. i.e.
mvwdelch(win, enemies[1].y, enemies[1].x);

with that call, would it not 'delete' the X that is represented by the enemies[1].x and enemies[1].y coordinates?