My first pong!

Started by
4 comments, last by Rob Loach 19 years, 4 months ago
Hi all, I finally managed to finish my Pong! :D Please try it out and give me some feedback so I can make it even better. Download it here: My Pong Hope you like it! Joshua [Edited by - Joshnathan on December 5, 2004 3:46:28 AM]
-----------------------------Sismondi GamesStarted c++ in October 2004...
Advertisement
It's quite interesting. Very different from the standard pong. Have you incorporated time-based movement in this?

Quote:
(can anyone tell me how to insert a link on this forum?)

You have to use the following html:

<a href="http://www.gamedev.net"> Click here to go to GameDev.net! </a>

I think that one line of code is pretty self explanatory. Here's your link clickified:

Download MyPong

Here's the source of it:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/joshnathan1987/mypong.zip"> Download MyPong </a>
lol, I know html but I try'd to use [a href="...."] [/a] guess I should have kept standard tags :D
-----------------------------Sismondi GamesStarted c++ in October 2004...
Looks quite good. The gameplay is pretty much standard pong, and seems to be well enough implemented, so no real comments on that. The colours; particularly the bright blue background, seem a little bright to me, but that's really just personal preference. The addition of characters is a nice touch, although they don't actually add anything to the gameplay. A possible addition could be unlocking more characters if the player can reach a certain score.

All round, looks like a pretty good job of it. Keep up the good work. [smile]

- Jason Astle-Adams

Actually, on second observation, the game appears to flicker slightly during play. A minor problem, but one that could possibly be good to solve. Still an excellent first effort at pong. Oh, and some other potential additions:
-High scores
-Players can add thier own characters
-Two player (using different sets of keys on the same computer, or perhaps one player keyboard and the other mouse).

- Jason Astle-Adams

I see you fixed the problem you had with SDL. Nicely done, Joshnathan.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement