Hack.net

Started by
1,333 comments, last by RedZep 18 years, 6 months ago
That is what I thought. Although I dont know unicode (I probably should). But it occurred to me I dont need to. I just wrote those values as bytes to a file and opened it with a unicode capable editor. I also thought it interesting that the first byte is 27, which is the escape character. So in unicode, that evaluates to a +++---. Yay. guess what. It is not ninebows.com/+++---. Anyway, here is my crap ass code for anyone who wants to dick around with it.

I put almost no effort into it. Not even 100% if I wrote it right. I am rather rusty on c IO.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

void main(){
char unis[] = {27,26,30,'+',3, 11,'+',1, 15, 22,'+',1, 23,'-',1, 23,'-',1,
22,'-',2}; FILE *f = fopen("tu.txt", "w");
fwrite(unis, 1, sizeof(unis), f);
}

The first 2 bytes come out to escapecharacter z. does that have any meaning in software world?

Did I do the unicode right? Is there something more?
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
Advertisement
Wah, two hours later and still nothing. :(
btw the owners blog can be found here. http://www.seismicgopher.com

i didn't really get anywhere, i mainly tried counting backwards from 127 (assuming he uses a 7-bit ascii code) - note the highest number in the sequence is 30, and 127-30=97 which is the letter 'a'. The '+' and '-' characters are really messing with my mind...I can't really figure out what they are for.
Note the modifiers (as i call them) are all relatively low (nothing above 3)
Also all the numbers are between 11 and 30, which makes the span 19 - if you consider this as a range from a-s....ahh.....I give up! It probably is just a brainf&*k afterall, and has no answer.
Perhaps the second clue is something that can be done to modify the first clue? Seems that everything else has been done by now?
still thinking on the number bases. who says they are all the same base?
has anyone tried to use the modificators as change in number base?
(at work right now, not really the time to play around)
could the operators be bitmasks or set operators (union and .... the other one [smile])?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by Witchcraven
That is what I thought. Although I dont know unicode (I probably should). But it occurred to me I dont need to. I just wrote those values as bytes to a file and opened it with a unicode capable editor. I also thought it interesting that the first byte is 27, which is the escape character. So in unicode, that evaluates to a +++---. Yay. guess what. It is not ninebows.com/+++---. Anyway, here is my crap ass code for anyone who wants to dick around with it.

I put almost no effort into it. Not even 100% if I wrote it right. I am rather rusty on c IO.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

void main(){
char unis[] = {27,26,30,'+',3, 11,'+',1, 15, 22,'+',1, 23,'-',1, 23,'-',1,
22,'-',2}; FILE *f = fopen("tu.txt", "w");
fwrite(unis, 1, sizeof(unis), f);
}

The first 2 bytes come out to escapecharacter z. does that have any meaning in software world?

Did I do the unicode right? Is there something more?
anything you can do with +++--- in brainfuck? i tried using rob's web compiler but i dont get anything
I think we might be digging far too deep into this thing. We see complexity where there is probably none. The first test was to find a "hidden" link in a webpage. Come on. The second one was to translate some easy 8 bit binary to ASCII. The third one will NOT be some complex changing bases, compression operators, Huffman tables, or some weird programming language. The author said "logical progression from step 1". It's probably something really simple, we just don't see it because it is too obvious :)

And no, I haven't solved it either ;)
The fact there are two repeating entries in the puzzle (23-1, 23-1) suggests that it's a translation for something rather than a series of instructions (i.e., it's not a bunch of opcodes or anything).
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
in hex i got this:

27 26 30+3 11+1 15 22+1 23-1 23-1 22-2
' & ! \n R # " " SP

SP = space
R = Return key

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

There's a notation called Plus/Minus base syntax, but it makes not difference in the numbers because 23-1 is just 22, and they are all of that form, so that doesn't help. Would the Egyption Nine Bows myth have anything to do with it? Number system used for tensioning compound bows? Chapters in the bible -- like 23:1 (or something, but the +/- kind of fux0rs that)? If it spells out an english word, what are common words with two same letters in a row that seem like a progression from step *two*. *three* anyone? How about let's all agree that the author is messing with us, wasting our time and slowly killing the world with his evilness.
"I study differential and integral calculus in my spare time." -- Karl Marx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement