Hack.net

Started by
1,333 comments, last by RedZep 18 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Vampyre_Dark
Perhaps the second clue is something that can be done to modify the first clue? Seems that everything else has been done by now?
I wondered if the numbers were indices into the URL or the last clue, but neither was long enough.
Advertisement
I was actually wondering, what if there's a bug in the sequence? Like, hack.net was just a picture of a bug, which was really the first step, so a logical progression from that would indicate that something is wrong with the sequence
Quote:Original post by Kuladus
Wah, two hours later and still nothing. :(
btw the owners blog can be found here. http://www.seismicgopher.com

i didn't really get anywhere, i mainly tried counting backwards from 127 (assuming he uses a 7-bit ascii code) - note the highest number in the sequence is 30, and 127-30=97 which is the letter 'a'. The '+' and '-' characters are really messing with my mind...I can't really figure out what they are for.
Note the modifiers (as i call them) are all relatively low (nothing above 3)
Also all the numbers are between 11 and 30, which makes the span 19 - if you consider this as a range from a-s....ahh.....I give up! It probably is just a brainf&*k afterall, and has no answer.

I tried counting backwards from 127 with differnt uses for + / - and got gibberish in ASCII

deadtupijhghgig
dedupjggg
de^sphiik
I was thinking that they are perhaps octal representations of letter. I.e. 27oct = 23d = w
But I haven't been able to get anywhere with that yet.
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
What if the twist was.. There is no step three. It's just a lie to make you waste your time..

Just a thought... If google can't answer it, no-one can ;)
doesn't google have an experimental pattern matcher somewhere?

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Going back a few steps, I have been looking at the ACSII octal values, and I have still gotten some gibberish.

Quote:' & 3 NewLine CarriageReturn # " " Space

Whats interesting to me is the NewLine, followed by the CarriageReturn... Definatly starting to look more like a string, or a string operation, perhaps soemthing encrypted?
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
perhaps he wants us to perform some sort of string operations on the previous answer. But so far it doesn't make sense.
Perhaps there really isn't a solution, i had tried everything described here before i read this post and have gotten nowhere...

ace
Quote:Original post by doodle_sketch
Going back a few steps, I have been looking at the ACSII octal values, and I have still gotten some gibberish.

Quote:' & 3 NewLine CarriageReturn # " " Space

Whats interesting to me is the NewLine, followed by the CarriageReturn... Definatly starting to look more like a string, or a string operation, perhaps soemthing encrypted?
typically it goes \r\n so the string would have to be backwards for that to be correct

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement