Hack.net

Started by
1,333 comments, last by RedZep 18 years, 6 months ago
It really surprises me that none of you geeks figured this out yet.

I would have guessed that someone who knows everything about computers that has all day to spend on this would have gotten it by now.

;)
[Piebert Entertainment] [Ask The All-Knowing Oracle A Question]------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig ------------------------------------------------------------DAIAGA Dave Astle is a God Association. To join, put this in your sig!Founder and High Priest of DAIAGA[edited by - YodaTheCoda on December 10, 2003 1:57:54 PM]
Advertisement
That's like saying you're a detective, why haven't you solved the JFK case yet...
"I study differential and integral calculus in my spare time." -- Karl Marx
Quote:Original post by Washu
Maybe he's using an IBM=HAL trick?

26 27 28 29 30 o  p  q  r  s27 26 30 p  o  s 

I was hoping that would be "pls", but nope.

EDIT: And yes, I displaced the alphabet to make the letter 'p' be at pos 27.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Quote:Original post by ktuluorion
It really surprises me that none of you geeks figured this out yet.

I would have guessed that someone who knows everything about computers that has all day to spend on this would have gotten it by now.

;)
Assuming there is a solution.
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
HAHA!

guess what. I bet NOBODY did this! :)

I connected to www.ninebows.com:80 on telnet, and typed /get two.

It's an apache webserver, it answered the request was wrong, and told me the server name was friends.backcountry.net

Then I went to that site with my browser and guess... there are lots folders, apparently from different websites.

heh, I comfident this has nothign to do with the puzzle, but at least I came up with SOMETHING after hours of playing with this stupid numbers"!

EDIT: edina.hack.net also points to this server...

[Edited by - owl on December 6, 2004 9:06:29 PM]
Quote:Original post by owl

wasn't it "get /two"?

and yes, all that server stuff/directory listing was done on the first page. :D
Quote:Original post by Kuladus
Quote:Original post by owl

wasn't it "get /two"?

and yes, all that server stuff/directory listing was done on the first page. :D

where? u liar! O_O
I think we'd better kill this thread, because it's taking too much time. I've googled and found similar threads with no solutions (obviously :D), so we can safely ignore it. Let's all concentrate on a new puzzle thread or the math puzzle thread. I think the owner of the site intentionally picked numbers that have no english sequences in them when converted using a ton of common methods. I mean we haven't even found anagrams of the correct word, or anagrams of the WRONG word. Therefore it's a trap!
"I study differential and integral calculus in my spare time." -- Karl Marx
if you XOR the code with "NINE BOWS" you get something like "USoI/UYAG" which looks like a username/password pair to me. Depending on how you treat the +/- operations and in which order you put the numbers you get different stuff, but the / is always constant since it's in the middle. However, I haven't been able to get any non-gibberish answers yet :( maybe someone can expand on this idea?
here and elsewhere :)
Quote:Original post by aftermath
Also, safron.hack.net == edina.hack.net
etc

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement