Hack.net

Started by
1,333 comments, last by RedZep 18 years, 6 months ago
One of you is right, I have just solved it :)

Here is a link to my answer. I have put it on a page of it's own on my website so that it doesn't spoil things for anyone who wants to solve it themselves.

Dan

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by danbrown

Here is a link to my answer. I have put it on a page of it's own on my website so that it doesn't spoil things for anyone who wants to solve it themselves.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's just the ninebows.com page. When you have #[xxx] after a link, it takes you to the [xxx] "named section" of the page. (not sure on the exact html terminology). If the named section doesn't exist, it just takes you to the top of the page, which is what's happening here.

EDIT: here is a link that explains what a named section is: http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/tut/tut8d.html
Quote:Original post by Melekor

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's just the ninebows.com page. When you have #[xxx] after a link, it takes you to the [xxx] "named section" of the page.(not sure on the exact html terminology). If the named section doesn't exist, it just takes you to the top of the page, which is what's happening here.

Then I am stupid, doh!

Alhough, it doesn't actually specify a link as an html page, just the URL, plus the slash on the end surely would make a difference. Anyway, it still is identical to the main page so it isn't right, but I think my intepretation of the first two characters be a step in the right direction?

Dan

Quote:If you go back to page 1 of the thread, you will see that Vampyre_Dark had already solved part 2 (or stumbled upon it?), just didn't actually tell us that those numbers were from the next part.

??? Someone is confused, and it's not me. (For once [grin])
Quote:Original post by Vampyre_Dark
??? Someone is confused, and it's not me. (For once [grin])

Yes, I didn't think that the html # command would do anything as a directory by itself so I didn't think to check the main page. I jumped into this about 30 minutes ago so skipped straight to step 2 at the end of the thread.

Dan

Here is a link to my answer.

HAha that is the funniest solution evar... :D
If anyone has a dictionary list that would work well on this problem, then we can use it for creating urls of the form
www.ninebows.com\two\test - or - www.ninebows.com\test
If you do, send it to me, and I'll make a simple client that we can all try different ranges with.
"I study differential and integral calculus in my spare time." -- Karl Marx
Well, don't know if this helps, but...

27 26 30+3 11+1 15 22+1 23-1 23-1 22-2 = 27 26 33 12 15 23 22 22 20

4 are divisible by 3: 27, 33, 12, and 15
5 are divisible by 2: 26, 12, 22, 22 and 20
1 is a prime number: 23

What could this mean?
there are also nine 2's

nine 2's, ninebows ?
The first step, as we have easily discovered, links us to another site with a harder puzzle. Will this puzzle link us somewhere else? There isn't anything else (that we know of) as part of the ninebows server and there isn't enough characters in the code to link us somewhere, or not somewhere within the domain. Though of course I could be wrong. Assuming that no special skills or tools are required, this puzzle is probably going to be so easy to figure out. We'll look back on it and say "That is so logical! Why didn't I think of that?" or, no one will figure it out and it'll go to the grave with us.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement