Hack.net

Started by
1,333 comments, last by RedZep 18 years, 7 months ago
wtflolbump

Any progress?
- A momentary maniac with casual delusions.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Rhaal
Any progress?

Not here, but I haven't had a lot of time to look.

I did investigate if it was anything to do with phone keypads, converting to the letters printed on the keypad with + and - as word seperators. But it doesn't seem to work as both 0 and 1 don't have any letters and the others made no sense as a sentance.

The only other thing I can think of is that it is a mathematical sequence, based on the fact the author said that it was 'a logical sequence' from step 1, I thought it may be a hint. But I can't see any obvious pattern in either the numbers or the differences.

Dan

I say we hire google to solve this puzzle for us. It only costs 100 dollars
Quote:Original post by snisarenko
I say we hire google to solve this puzzle for us. It only costs 100 dollars

it does? seriously?
If it is mathmatical then some of you should ask your college professor...
I have to wonder if the guy who came up with this is a psychology student. Perhaps a little psychological experiment to watch some rats run around in an endless maze. That's my solution at this point, since I don't see how any middle school student would have much of a chance with this.
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
Maybe it's that the middle schooler's solution would just be to give up?[wink]. I haven't looked at it much myself though.

In the words of WOPR "The only winning move is not to play."[lol]
Quote:Original post by Cold_Steel
since I don't see how any middle school student would have much of a chance with this.

heh, I think you got a point there. The guy is a liar. He says no skills or tools, but one had to know binary and http protocol to solve the first one.

Die puzzle creator assole.-
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
What's his email address. We have to let him know that we think he sucks.
"I study differential and integral calculus in my spare time." -- Karl Marx
Cool problem =)
Didn't manage to solve it though :(
Seems to me that the parts separated by operators are probably numbers, and the parts separated by spaces are "digits", that can be larger than 9..
In hex the digits can be up to 15(f), here the largest digit is 30.. but the actual largest _possible_ digit could be anything..
anyway, say the base is 31 the first part
27 26 30
would be
27*31*31 + 26*31 + 30
and then we add
3 11
which is
3*31 + 11

base - - - answer - - - in ascii(base 128) - - in 8bit - - - - - in decimal
base 31: - 29 13 8 - - -1 92 120 - \ x - - - -110 120 - n x - - 28280
base 32: - 29 12 7 - - -1 107 7 - k - - - - -117 135 - u ç - - 30087
base 33: - 29 11 6 - - -1 121 78 - y N - - - -124 206 - | ╬ - - 31950
base 34: - 29 10 5 - - -2 8 77 - M - - - - -132 77 - ä M - - 33869

those 1 and 2 characters messes everything up though if it's supposed to be ascii..

i tried searching for an answer where all "digits" in the base 128 answer where actually "letters" in the ascii table.. didn't get any until base 138.. seems farfetched
feels like it should be much easier than this if anyone in middleschool can make it...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement