• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
disease332000

Hack.net

This topic is 4990 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It really surprises me that none of you geeks figured this out yet.

I would have guessed that someone who knows everything about computers that has all day to spend on this would have gotten it by now.

;)

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Washu
Maybe he's using an IBM=HAL trick?

26 27 28 29 30
o p q r s

27 26 30
p o s

I was hoping that would be "pls", but nope.

EDIT: And yes, I displaced the alphabet to make the letter 'p' be at pos 27.

Quote:
Original post by ktuluorion
It really surprises me that none of you geeks figured this out yet.

I would have guessed that someone who knows everything about computers that has all day to spend on this would have gotten it by now.

;)
Assuming there is a solution.

HAHA!

guess what. I bet NOBODY did this! :)

I connected to www.ninebows.com:80 on telnet, and typed /get two.

It's an apache webserver, it answered the request was wrong, and told me the server name was friends.backcountry.net

Then I went to that site with my browser and guess... there are lots folders, apparently from different websites.

heh, I comfident this has nothign to do with the puzzle, but at least I came up with SOMETHING after hours of playing with this stupid numbers"!

EDIT: edina.hack.net also points to this server...

[Edited by - owl on December 6, 2004 9:06:29 PM]

Quote:
Original post by owl

wasn't it "get /two"?

and yes, all that server stuff/directory listing was done on the first page. :D

Quote:
Original post by Kuladus
Quote:
Original post by owl

wasn't it "get /two"?

and yes, all that server stuff/directory listing was done on the first page. :D

where? u liar! O_O

I think we'd better kill this thread, because it's taking too much time. I've googled and found similar threads with no solutions (obviously :D), so we can safely ignore it. Let's all concentrate on a new puzzle thread or the math puzzle thread. I think the owner of the site intentionally picked numbers that have no english sequences in them when converted using a ton of common methods. I mean we haven't even found anagrams of the correct word, or anagrams of the WRONG word. Therefore it's a trap!

if you XOR the code with "NINE BOWS" you get something like "USoI/UYAG" which looks like a username/password pair to me. Depending on how you treat the +/- operations and in which order you put the numbers you get different stuff, but the / is always constant since it's in the middle. However, I haven't been able to get any non-gibberish answers yet :( maybe someone can expand on this idea?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!