Sign in to follow this  
jonathan_obrien

3D particle system

Does any one know where I could get some code for a 3D particle system? I want to have a blood fountain type effect, like in Kill Bill. All the particle systems I have found use sprites. I want to be able to move the camera etc. Yes I know I could rotate the sprites so they are always facing the camera but I'd prefer not to do it that way. Maybe something that uses spheres? Jonathan

I don't understand why you cannot write it yourself. You know what you want, so relying on someone else will just mean you will have to work to their codes limitations, plus you won't learn much.
It's not a hard thing to do anyway. Much easier than trying to shoe-horn in someone elses code into your own.

Quote:

Yes I know I could rotate the sprites so they are always facing the camera but I'd prefer not to do it that way. Maybe something that uses spheres?

Why would you rather not do that? it would be significantly more efficient than using spheres. Look a lot better too.. especially if the particles are textured.

There are sprite rendering extensions out there too. So you could look for them, they arn't too hard to implement either and give extremly good performance.