lib and dll usage

Started by
3 comments, last by darookie 19 years, 4 months ago
hi i want some articles about lib and dll files usage. how can i make them, what is the rules, how can i make a function that will be called from lib, bla bla... i search google again and again but cant find any good one. can you recommend a good book or article/tutorial for this?? Thank you..
+-+-+-+-+-STR
Advertisement
what level of programming skill are you at?
here is a good place to start: flipcode.org/tutorial
"I am a donut! Ask not how many tris/batch, but rather how many batches/frame!" -- Matthias Wloka & Richard Huddy, (GDC, DirectX 9 Performance)

http://www.silvermace.com/ -- My personal website
hey that is what i am looking for! Thank you...

and are there any other one about *.lib files?

i intermediate on c++.
+-+-+-+-+-STR
when I look for information about DLLs etc like this it only ever seems to refer to global scope variables or functions. How do you export classes and their member functions?
Quote:Original post by BigBadBob
when I look for information about DLLs etc like this it only ever seems to refer to global scope variables or functions. How do you export classes and their member functions?

VC++:
#ifdef YOURDLL_OR_LIB_NAME_EXPORTS#define DLL_INTERFACE __declspec(dllexport)#else#define DLL_INTERFACE __declspec(dllimport)#endifDLL_INTERFACE class ClassName {    // declare members};

The your-dll-or-lib-name_EXPORTS symbol will be generated by the IDE. So export/import of classes works exactly the same as with functions and data.

Regards,
Pat.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement