• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Project tracking, not planning

This topic is 4821 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, in many years of game programming, I always felt the needing for a tool to track my projects. I'm not talking about CVS or project managemant, I'm just thinking about a simple tool that helps me tracking my TODO list, the software version, the overall completion. I tryed many project management softwares, but they have too many features and not the ones I need. I use UML to design my classes and how they interact and it's very usefull, but that's not what I'm talking about. I need something like a dynamic TODO list / checklist. Not for large teams... actually I'm alone right now :) I don't know if I made myself clear... Bye Bye F104

Advertisement
Yes... maybe that's too much. I was thinking about a small software installed only on your pc...

Maybe I should write it myself :)

Thanks for the link!

You can use Microsoft Office Project 2003 - it's a good program, though it costs money. There is a variety of project management programs for free on the net, though the good ones are operated on servers(you can open a sever on your computer though).

lonesock, that's almost what I was looking for!

Ok it's a bit too generic, but I will give it a try for sure!

Thanks everybody!

cmdkeen: that's exactly what I was looking for!!! :) And as I thought it's a "rare" software... maybe it's unique. Very nice and the author is adding nice features following users suggestions! Cool! Thank you very much!!!

cbenoi1: I took a look at netoffice, but I don't want to install a webserver, PHP and MySQL just to use a ToDo list :) Thank you anyway!

Its in VS .NET 2003. Type the comment with TODO: .... and it will show in the task tab, telling you of the line number and source file.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement