• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
quackie

Problems with FD_CLOSE

This topic is 4947 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I went through some threads here about FD_CLOSE, but i didn't find any solution to my problem. I have a small server program which using WSAAsyncselect() to get the networkevents. When a buddy (over internet) uses a special made app that connects 100 sockets to my server they are all accepted. but when he closes that app i don't get the 100 FD_CLOSE msg's on a straight row....i get approx 20 first, then after 10seconds i get a couple more..etc etc. why can't i get them all in a row, without any delay? :-)

Advertisement
Are you calling shutdown() on the socket or just closing it?

Did you try to disable linger? (see setsockopt() and SO_DONTLINGER).

you mean on the client side? well there i just close the socket...perhaps i should test with shutdown().

When i'm using this app local on my computer, i get all FD_CLOSE in a perfect row...no delays :S could it be something with the connection? :S

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!