Sign in to follow this  
gamechampionx

Urgent Help Needed

I need urgent help with a probably simple cast exception in Java. I have a class called Pile and LayoutPile extends is. I have an object declared such that Pile x = new LayoutPile(), then it it modified and so on using basic pile things. Later, I try to cast it to a LayoutPile, using something like (LayoutPile)x.somefunctiononlyinLayoutPile(), and it runs but crashes because of some unexplained cast exception. What's the deal with this? I see no problem with my code. Please help.

I have try that, and it still crashes. It is clearly compatible with the type since it's made a new LayoutPile when initialized but then I cast it and it just crashes. Could my compiler be making a mistake cause nobody I talk to can figure out why this is happening.

I was going to say what Oluseyi said, but seeing as you tried that, I would like to see the code within the function. Perhaps you can print some debug info, to see if the virtual machine actually makes the jump into the function, or breaks before it runs. My guess is something is happening in the function.