• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

LockRect

This topic is 4828 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If i create my texture at 100 by 100 then wouldnt i fill in my pixel data in a for loop from 0 to 10000? but for some reason when my texture is applied to an object(say a simple polygon) it only shows up partly(about 85% is blue and the 15% is black) what could i possible be doing wrong....probably a simple answer but i havent slept in a while...lol...any help would be great! p_device->CreateTexture(100,100,1,D3DUSAGE_DYNAMIC,D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8,D3DPOOL_DEFAULT,&p_texture,NULL); D3DLOCKED_RECT rect; p_texture->LockRect(0,&rect,NULL,D3DLOCK_DISCARD); DWORD* pData=(DWORD*)(rect.pBits); for(long i = 0;i < 10000;i++){ //repeat the same pixel color for the whole texture pData = (DWORD)t.rgba[0]; } p_texture->UnlockRect(0);

Advertisement
You should keep an eye on the pitch, which is the width of the texture in memory. If you create a 100 by 100 texture, the actual dimensions might be 128 by 128. So.. Google!

ok i fianlly get it...woohoo time for some sleep...if 12pm...lol

for(long i = 0;i < width;i++){
for(long j = 0;j < height;j++){
pData[i+j*rect.Pitch] = (DWORD)0x00ff00ff;
}
}

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement