My SDL problem

Started by
13 comments, last by Ghostbear 19 years, 4 months ago
Ok, i have just installed the SDL pack with the bloodshed dev c++ compiler and am trying to start using SDL. It has been sucssesfully installed with no problems. I went to cone3d and got a tutorial for SDL. When i tried to run the completed source code i got these errors: - [Linker error] undefined reference to `SDL_LockSurface' - [Linker error] undefined reference to `SDL_UnlockSurface' - and loads of other things that begin with SDL_... whats going wrong and how do i fix it?
Advertisement
You must link to the SDL lib file (can't remember its name SDLMain.lib?).
I can't tell you exactly how to do this, because I don't know which compiler you are using.

Good luck,
Pat.
i said before that im using 'bloodshed devc++' and where do i put this sdl lib file?
click
yea i have read this but because bloodshed installed it for me shouldnt it be in the right place already?
Quote:Original post by Haku
i said before that im using 'bloodshed devc++' and where do i put this sdl lib file?

Sorry - it's kinda late here
yea i have read this but because bloodshed installed it for me shouldnt it be in the right place already?

i dont know

go look

Quote:from the link above
Now in Dev-C++ start a new console project. Now go to the project options dialog (found in the menu Project). The thing we need to set here is the field that says "Further object files or linker options:". Type in "-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL" (w/o the quotes) inside it. Now click OK.

Are you sure you did that? [edit]I mean the bold part[/edit]
hehe no i didnt, thnks!
ok i fixed that bit but nowhen i try to compile the app it says SDL.Dll not found...what do i do?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement